Sunday 10 August 2008

I’m wearing a fleece. It’s August 10th. Ahh, the British Isles.


Only 2 days to go until I leave for Namibia for a month, and I could not be more excited. It’s going to be dry, sunny and a totally new place to explore. My time will be spent teaching English at a guest farm kindergarten as well as helping out with anything that can leverage my research / office skills. Part of that might be to help organize some rhino tracking data, although I still need to learn to read GPS and figure out the mapping software! So much to learn in such a short time, but it's going to be great to have so many new experiences.


I guess the coolest thing about the trip will be to just see the amazing view in the morning and get to spend most of my day outside working with new and interesting people, instead of stuck in a little grey cube for hours on end. Can't wait!


Once I arrive, I'll post more about how everything is going along with pictures. More to come soon!

2 comments:

Mike & Amy said...

That sounds like a great trip. Good luck!

Where are you in GB in the picture on your blog title page?

JP said...

That's in the US, actually - Sedona, Arizona. I just like he picture:)